How Do You Store Multiple Bikes In A Moving Van?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next week I'm loading up all my stuff into a moving van and driving 500 miles. I've got a big enough van that it should easily handle all the boxes and my beloved bicycle inventory: six full sized bikes and one trike. I'm wondering what the best way to store them in the back of the moving van is so they don't move around or get hammered by falling boxes. All my tools are packed, but I have a ton of rope, an elastic cargo net (which will probably be used to keep the falling boxes at bay), and a homemade rack which holds three of the bikes.

Has anybody had any experience with something like this?

Remove the bars and pedals so they fit closer together. Then bungee the frames all together to keep them from bouncing off each other and messing up the paint(?) and cover them with a blanket to keep other objects from messing them up. That works for me when I'm carrying multiple bikes around.

I went to the local bike shop and picked up bikeboxes for all my bikes when I moved down from ND last year. Most of their boxes were already broken down, but I taped them back together. Removed the pedals and handlebars and front wheels. I didn't get any damage to any of my 8 bikes and they went 1800 miles.

Back