How beefy is Pork Chops lay-back post?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
probably not too beefy. I bought this one, (not a pork chop piece) and the tubing seemed plenty thick, but it bent the first time my fat ... rode it around the block. fixed it by pounding a solid rod inside the tube. Now I have a 4lb seat post but it works and there's no chance of it bending
DSC_0010.jpg

Thanks guys, I figured that was the case. I'm rebuilding a BMX for my wife. I want her to be able to sit a reasonable distance from the pedals, so I need a long seatpost. The layback would be nice but... I dunno, any suggestions for a long seatpost? 16" exposed and at least 4 in the tube. It's a 1" seat tube on the bike. I'd really like chrome but if I have to go with regular steel tubing I guess I could paint it. :|

more than once I have made my own. Miter cut it, and MIG weld it. My Phat bike has one that I and dogdart have ridden, and it holds well, over 100 miles. Dont weld it if ur not good at welding,just saying......

I need to make a couple for my tandem build. It's an old Schwinn, would that be 7/8" round stock?

I have one of Porkchop's 13/16" layback posts and it seems as sturdy as any other lay back post.

I don't get real crazy on my bikes though and I only weigh 180lbs.

I have two of porkchops laidback seat post one on my Spaceliner, and one on a Murray beach cruiser. They are plenty thick made out of chromemoly tubing. The only issue I had is the 13/16" post had to be machined to fit my Murray and my Spaceliner.
Kenny
img_2467.jpg

The Porkchop seatposts are done. I went to order and they said the initial run of 300 is depleted and there will be no more. So it looks like Ill be heating up a piece of 13/16 round bar and trying to bend it. Bummer.....

Santee said:
The Porkchop seatposts are done. I went to order and they said the initial run of 300 is depleted and there will be no more. So it looks like Ill be heating up a piece of 13/16 round bar and trying to bend it. Bummer.....

Really? I just got one about 2 weeks ago.

there's one on my build off bike, I can say I trimmed it down and it was definitely harder than most other posts I've hacked. Can't say much about riding it yet since I haven't done that yet ...

DaBigKahuna said:
Santee said:

Really? I just got one about 2 weeks ago.
Yes, Unfortunely I missed the boat by days....

Santee said:

That's a friggin bummer. If they SOLD 'em all why not MAKE MORE!!??

jackdaw said:
Santee said:

That's a friggin bummer. If they SOLD 'em all why not MAKE MORE!!??
The guy felt their was not that big of a demand for them I guess. But he went through 300 of them he said. So it beats me.... He said it was a one time run.

I don't get it either!

They sold out and people are begging for them.

I said I'd take 10 of them and frankly, porkchopbmx were complete dicks about it; as if my waving money at them was somehow too annoying.

Member "slowriderz" can make you one any way you want it. Super Heavy Duty, solid stock steel. I guarantee you, the bike will break first!

pick said:
Member "slowriderz" can make you one any way you want it. Super Heavy Duty, solid stock steel. I guarantee you, the bike will break first!

Slowriderz's posts are bombproof. I heartily recommend them.

Back