How are you guys doing this?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen many bikes on here like this. The seat looks like it is mounted straight to the frame, on my bikes I can't even get them that low even by setting it all of the way down on the pole (and removing the rear reflector). Are you guys cutting down the pipe and welding the seat in place?

Also, I've noticed many handlebars in extreme low positions like this. My question is, with the seat so low and the handlebars so low is it even possible to pedal the bike anymore? I know that with my seat all of the way down it makes it difficult to pedal.

Thanks.

adamsbike014.jpg

Some guys weld straight to the frame but the easiest way is to get a laid back (Lucky 7) seat post. I have a couple bikes with seats that low and a couple lower. They are ridable, although some folks say it is quite uncomfortable. I say that is a fair trade for style.

to get it on the frame will take some cutting. but this way will get it down lower by an inch or so, and probably clean up under the seat.
046.jpg

049-1.jpg

056.jpg

057.jpg

whole bunch of picture mumbo jumbo saying to flip the bottom seat bracket over. it may be hard to get the bolt in or tighten it up, but ive never ran across a seat that was impossible
and for getting it down, if there two screw holes for a water bottle holder or such on your seat tube, you have to cut about 3 inchs off the seat post. make sure to grind the rought edge down or your in a world of screwed.
t003.jpg

4 inch post and flipped mount along with no springs. also cut the tube clean off the top. re cut the splice down the back with a grinder, and used a a loose clamp under the top tubes

Back