How about a restoration forum?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this is just a thought, but how about a restoration fourm. This sight is first and formost about ratrod bikes, but a lot of us collect and restore bikes that are original. It might be nice if we had a place in the forum for restored and detailed original bikes :mrgreen:
Just a thought
Josh

rustymotors said:
Well this is just a thought, but how about a restoration fourm. This sight is first and formost about ratrod bikes, but a lot of us collect and restore bikes that are original. It might be nice if we had a place in the forum for restored and detailed original bikes :mrgreen:
Just a thought
Josh
good idea count me in :!:

rustymotors said:
Just a thought
Josh
They already have one , its called the Cabe. :lol: The whole idea of this site is to build bikes with anything you like or have. If it dosent fit ...you make it fit. There are alot of people here that have several restored/complete original bikes in their stable, but the majority are bike cutters...changers that are usually scorned by the purist gotta be all original people.

Uncle Stretch said:
rustymotors said:
Just a thought
Josh
They already have one , its called the Cabe. :lol: The whole idea of this site is to build bikes with anything you like or have. If it dosent fit ...you make it fit. There are alot of people here that have several restored/complete original bikes in their stable, but the majority are bike cutters...changers that are usually scorned by the purist gotta be all original people.
wow thats deep :!:

there are restored bikes here too just not as many. this is more of a custom bike forum like the name implies. if you have a resto question feel free to post it will get answered. but a section for resto stuff naw there are lots of good forums out there for this already

MUWA HA HA HA.....WORLD DOMINATION!!!!!

Seriously though.....I've been trying to sort through all of the current forum sections to decide if what we have is the best organization. My goal is to keep the forum as simple as possible and not introduce too many forum sections. Most of the bike forums I see out there have about 50 forum categories and it's definitely overwhelming.

My biggest concern at the moment is what to do with everything in the ANCIENT HISTORY section....all of the past build offs, etc. I can't bring myself to delete these sections yet because of all of the great info and builds in there. The search engines love all of the data here and bring lots of people to the site through random searches. On the other hand, I can't keep collecting them all down there otherwise the forum will end up being a mile long.

Quite a conundrum. :?

Ancient History- How about a link and they have their own separate page. Still functions fully like the front forum. Cleans up the front and preserves the history.

cman said:
Ancient History- How about a link and they have their own separate page. Still functions fully like the front forum. Cleans up the front and preserves the history.

I'll need to see how this can be done.

Rat Rod said:
cman said:

I'll need to see how this can be done.

Like when a new year has come, old threads can be input into last year thread.

Example:

-2010 RRBBO
-2009 RRBBO
-2008 RRBBO

Just a suggestions. ;)

Uncle Stretch said:
rustymotors said:
Just a thought
Josh
There is no doubt that that is true, but I enjoy watching ever time RAT ROD gets an original bke and details it out before our very eye. It is like magic. And lets be honest. The Cabe stinks :mrgreen: and the schwinn fourm is just the worst.

Having said all of that, I was just a thought :mrgreen:

i think it is ok to put all the build offs in ancent history although the last build off was not that long ago and i think should stick around till the next one and by that i mean rat rod build off not any in between build offs. but then again i do like simplicity and one personal thing would be to change the classifieds area into one deal then when you clicked on it a new page would open then you could chose between the different catigories. but i can use the scroll key just as easy

I think a resto forum would be greatly appreciated. Alot of us could benefit from having one on here. I feel like it would turn alot of restorers onto ratroding and vise versa.
As long as this site is focused mainly on ratrods, I don't see any harm. Options are a good thing.
The cabe is a good site, but has a very "old person" feeling about the whole thing. I'd like to see somebody offer a resto site ( or forum ) that appeals to younger bike builders. I think this site would be a perfect medium.

I seriously doubt that anyone here is going to object to restoration work showing up in the build or gallery sections. :| Assuming, of course, they aren't full of disdain for "ratwork" in other postings. :wink:

The cabe is a good site, but has a very "old person" feeling about the whole thing.

What was that? Speak up young man! I don’t have my hearing aid in!

And lets be honest. The Cabe stinks

Oh that, That's just the rest home smell of stewed prunes, you’ll come to enjoy that smell beckoning you to the cafeteria when you can’t chew the solid stuff anymore!

Back