Hot Rod Columbia (almost done)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok I picked this bike up at El Torreon swap meet last year for $25. It has a cut seat tube for some reason. I bought it because I had a tank for it I got from 450RedRider. I've always planned to do it to match my 48 Dodge Hot Rod Truck so here we go.
2012-05-02174742.jpg

Re: Hot Rod Columbia

U already have the Lucky # 7 seatpost for the rrbo#7! haha Cant wait to see progress!

Maybe you should just say it's finished and paint the truck to match it. :lol:

Lookin good brother! That's gonna look sweet in the back of the ole Dodge! 8)

Love the truck...I also like the bike. "Hot Rod" is a popular choice this year! We have the Hot Rod Deluxe, the Hot Rod Higgins and the Hot Rod Columbia! Battle Royale of the Hot Rods! :mrgreen:

Good luck fellow Hot Rod Columbia builder :wink: Looks like a great start :p

Looking forward to seeing another Columbia in the build off.

I'll bet that Dodge has a flathead 6 under there.

Wildcat said:
Looking forward to seeing another Columbia in the build off.

I'll bet that Dodge has a flathead 6 under there.
Actually the truck is kind of a rat also' it has a mustang II front end, 4.3 V6, bed is made from a manure spreader'' 48 Chevy rear fenders, Back halfed with a Toyota pickup frame' and a mid 80's olds rearend. It's what I could find and get buddies to donate. It has everything but cruise and did it all with help from my friends and not a bunch of money. It'll roll 85mph all day no problem.

You're going to have to be pretty tall to ride a bike with a seat post like that :shock:

I think you should put the short end of the seatpost in the seat tube and have a super stretch seat.

Just push that seat post back down the tube past the cut and you won't have to worry about welding it up, it will be sleeved.

Just cut the extra off the seat post into a bunch of pieces, then bend them to the luck 7 shape & you will have some extras & also one to give me!!! :lol: :lol: Good thing you have a welder & know how to use it. Looks like you will be needin it on that frame.

Latest posts

Back