HOONIGAN- 20/24 fat boy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,

Totally new here! So abit about me. Im Lewis, im 24 originally from the UK but moved out to Australia last year and now live here on the Gold Coast! Im a tool maker/ mechanical engineer turned draftsman. Always loved building stuff from lawnmower go karts to modifying cars and motorbikes! So i came across the site whist at work one day "doing research" and decided that it looked like fun and id been wanting a beach cruiser so i can go for a ride whilst checking out all the hot chicks :crazy:! ha! So i wanted something long, mean looking, a fat back tire, 1 gear and it had to be made from scratch (well most of it). So i took to the drawing board and after a few sketches i had something that looks awesome!
After this i needed to find a donor frame so i could rob its head tube bottom bracket and any other little bits that might help me out. Whilst searching i found a Schwinn stingray! BINGO fat back tire.... CHECK. front wheel......24........hmmmm check! frame= crap but check as it had a bottom bracket and a head tube so.....Check. everything else got cut up and binned! So i then ordered up some tube through work and once it got delivered i began to chop up the lengths i needed and had a go using the SHITE bender at work. Basically its crushed the tube, rather than curving it. So i was going to pack the tube full of sand as i know this works but for the amount of effort it takes ive bitten the bullet and will be dropping them off at a benders this afternoon to save myself a job as i will have them back by Monday rather than myself taking a couple of weeks as and when i have time. So guys this is far as i am. i have a few pictures of frame design but i cant seem to work out how to get them on here so bare with me and they will be up soon! Unless anyone wants to make life easy and tell me how its done :) thanks! ;):113:

HOONIGANframe1.png

Thanks for that matey. So this is the frame design. the rear end is looking like it might have to change as the 3D renders i have done arnt looking like they will work too well but i will see how i go once ive got the tube bent up and profiled back!
3dHOON.png~320x480

knucklesframe.png

And another design i toyed with at first but is abit too raked out and plain for my liking although the HOONIGAN will have a similar bar set wrapped in leather grip tape in between the dusters :comando::cool2: and the seat will be an off the shelf brown leather item that i haven't decided on yet!

Latest posts

Back