Hometown Huffy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So to make a long story short, this was going to my build off bike until i chopped the seat tube completely off. :lol: as long as you look cool right?

When i bought it
mms_picture4.jpg

Tinkering with the handlebars and fender positions. i needed a hand. . . or a leg :D
mms_picture_2.jpg

Changed out the cheap chinese cranks for some OCC's
mms_picture_3.jpg

aka_locojoe said:
KC so-cal said:
dude i'm having flashbacks seeing those vans :mrgreen:
Dude, That's My Skull!

Did that sprocket originally have a decal on it? Looks pretty cool now.

KC, thanks. old school vans is all i wear :D
Joe, yeah it came off of a west coast choppers bike, i took some fine grit sand paper to it then ima polish it out before i reassemble the bike. i agree with ya, it looks pretty darn cool now!

Gave the handle bars some custom grips by using twine and, my favorite tool, super 77 :lol: me and my brother were in a antique shop and the guy had a bowl full of buffalo nickels. as soon as i saw them a little light went off in my head. the outcome was this...
mms_picture_2.jpg

and the other side...
mms_picture_3.jpg

Hometown Huffy "Seat tube magic trick."

so for my next trick :D i will make the seat to disappear!
mms_picture.jpg

and Captain, thats actually who i thought of while i was doing this. haha. dunno why he hasnt tried this yet :wink:

Peatbog said:
Looks like that Christmas Story leg lamp would just about fit in that space.
haha. its a lamp :shock:

Love those buffalo nickel grips!!!!!!!!!! Great idea & creativity.

Hometown Huffy: test ride and questions

mms_picture_4.jpg

gotta test ride in, me and my brother cruisin to the pool!

need some help, should i leave the apes or put the cruiser bars on my Schwinn Spitfire? :?:
mms_picture-1.jpg

mms_picture_2-1.jpg

WOW MY CAMERA PHONE SUCKS!!!

APES ALL THE WAY!! NICE BIKE!! YA DOING US HUFFY OWNERS PROUD BY THE WAY. CHECK OUT RETRO RAT-O IN THE BUILD OFF #6 SECTION. NOW ....GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Hometown Huffy "Add some color!"

mms_picture_5.jpg

just got in the car and this is what the car thermometer read :eek:

mms_picture_4-1.jpg

After about 3 days of sanding, i finally got the BB smoothed. ooohhhh . . .ahhhhh.

mms_picture_3-1.jpg

Now its time to add some color! nothing like Florescent Orange from Rustoleum :D

mms_picture_2-2.jpg

Got the tape pulled off this morning, id say this is pretty darn snazzy considering this is the first time ive ever successfully laid 2 colors down on one bike. LOVE LOVE LOVE how it turned out

mms_picture-2.jpg

More to come :wink:

Thanks guys. this is my favorite color scheme so far! does anyone know a good way (and cheap way) to relace a wheel set?

mms_picture-3.jpg

After hours on youtube trying to find the easiest way to put wheels back together, i finally got them. i painted the hubs and the rims to match the neon orange on the frame. this bike's gonna POP!!! :mrgreen:

and please excuse the disaster area i call my room.

MiniMe said:
nice paint job.... are you going to put a clear coat on to shine that rustoleum?? just askin
Honestly, im not a big fan of clear coat, ive tryed it in the past and it never seems to come out just right. and one thing that really gets me mad is messing my paint up. i just dont wanna risk it on this build, but i just gotta western flyer i might try it on :lol:

Latest posts

Back