Homemade springer fronts?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever build their own springer front for a bike,..or think about doing it?
I know it could be done, or even using a leaf-spring front like some of the old motorcycles used,..or a short shock absorber...
Any thots on this?

Go look at a number of BUILD threads in RRBO3. There were a lot of GREAT forks designed in that build off.

adamsbike013.jpg

this was done for rrbo3, and here are a few close ups of it
adamsbike007-1.jpg

adamsbike015-1.jpg

Like that!

A couple I built....
2816241224_a83d04f98d.jpg

2815387745_84fff79e51.jpg

2758740182_20ccf2d086.jpg

cman said:
Here is one that may be easy to build without welding. Beau built this fork. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12858&p=130417#p130417
DSC02833.jpg

This is easily my favorite bike on the forum, and I've spent forever figuring out how you made that springer. It just looks clean, and like it was made to go FAST. Great job man!

Bicyclerick said:
Heres one of the Spokesmen Club Members custom fork.
Bikes005.jpg
hey im building a springer like that! i still have to make the bracket that hold the springs in place and weld some of it up. maybe ill get some pics later for ya.

rick that fork on the muscle bike is brilliant. one of those "wow that is cool and would not be that hard to do sorta thing." very nice and that other one with the reversed mtb fork is great too love the flowing lines.

NICE!>>>>>>>Get to work...........we wanna see it in Monson. :wink:

Someone should start a Springer Gallery! There continue to be some cool real and faux springers even in BO7.

Back