Hog Boys Boardtracker (Ex-Villiers)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Villiers board tracker VIDEO!

Hows the bike going? Have you been riding it much? Any updates?

Hey there Harry.
No updates. I think I'm gonna leave it like it is.
I'm gathering parts for another board track build. I've already got a 252cc 4 stroke 6hp engine.
I'm raising money for a jackshaft kit and a new cent clutch.
I haven't been riding much. We have a lot of people on the roads during summer so it's not safe. For them I mean :lol:
I'm kiddin'. With the people comes the police, and I dont wanna loose my btr...
You'll hear from me soon.
Keep rollin'

Dowie Soetenga said:
AKB said:
I appreciate the input. However, I find that what most of the board track replicas are lacking is the speed aspect. I am looking to do something a bit different. While I realize that this may still be based off of a bicycle, it will be built strong to be abused and will be registered as a motorcycle. The only thing I have to worry about is whether or not I will be brave enough to pilot it at a decent speed like they did in the good old days. That said, I would like this bike to be able to easily cruise at 45mph or so. Not that I will ever feel the need to go over that, but I hate the constant drone of an engine near redline. Anyways, I'm not trying to debate you in any way. I was just curious if the engine would be able to get off the line without issue at the gear ratio that I mentioned.

I think with an 8HP engine you could probably go as fast as you're proposing. I would calculate this as your top speed at 4,200 rpm, and back derive your other sprockets from there. Again, a 44 or 46 tooth sprocket is standard for a rear wheel.

I built a reverse trike using a 6.5HP (200 cc) four stroke engine. The total machine weighs 80 lbs with the motor. (Very light) I geared it to go 35mph top speed, and it has plenty of pull from a stop. My guess is that I could have geared it to go 40-45 mph if I wanted to.
Got to be carefull here if the ratio is to high it will burn up clutches trying to get going.......Curt

Thanks mate.

I started modifying the Villiers BTR, which will be a Villiers no more. Maybe I’ll call it “Hog Boys”.
The mods include:
- New fork
- New 252cc 4 stroke engine (flame throwing demon)
- jackshaft transmission with custom lub system
- Cleaner and painted frame
- Hand operated brake
- Complete faux tank with little gas reservoir inside

The 252cc Lombardini 4 stroke engine I referred to earlier is already working. There was a carburettor problem that I already solved. I managed to get a 350cc Lombardini 4 stoke engine in the process, with a broken rod. Luckly this new engine is exactly the same size as the 252 I’ll be using now, only the piston’s diameter and carb are larger. So, If I choose to, I can replace the 252 with the 350, without messing with the arrangement I’m dealing with now.

The fork

I always wanted a fork that looked more like the ones used on real board track racers. So I made one:
I started by using the crown of a minibike someone gave me I don’t know when…

Then I bended some tubes always having Burt Munro lookin’ after the job

The result looked pretty good

Time for a mockup

Then I made these dropouts out off stuff I had

Chopped off the old steering column, leaving a “bed” for the new one, and gave it a reinforcement.

Then I tried it on.

And welded it properly in place.

Tonight I’ll start with frame “cleaning”. I’m gonna replace part of the back tube for a better look and resistance.
Keep it up.

Hey there.
Yesterday I made suports for the handlebar.
2rge2rk.jpg

1pt3pd.jpg

11uvloy.jpg

2ic0io2.jpg

6px7ip.jpg

What do you guys think?
Tonight I'm gonna work on the engine mounts.
Keep it up.

Very Cool!!!!Im Diggin that front end,great work! 8) :mrgreen:

Thanks FatBoy.
Yesterday I had again to mess with the frame.
I will use a little gas tank that will be fitted inside a false tank that will fill the frame. This false tank will help with the bike’s final volume, giving it a bulkier look and bringing it closer to real boardtrack racers.

This little tank is 115mm tall, so I had to rise the bottom tank tube on the frame some 20mm, so I can rivet it to the inside of the larger faux tank and still have that mildly cool gas tap at sight bellow.

Keep it up.

Thanks guys.
The bike as it stands right now.
Notice the three last pics:
Magneto kill switch on the handlebar (still to be completed), curved exhaust and hand operated brake.

Need help with a transmission issue. Anyone can give me a hand?

I already pmed Dowie Soetenga but I guess he's busy with his little baby.

Keep it up!

Back