(HMS Bike) New name: Car Bait 2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! I like the look of everything.

xddorox said:
Feel free to copy and/or improve this design.

Not to often perfection comes on the first shot!...You nailed it!

Gerry, you found the reason I like apes (besides looking cool). You can stand STRAIGHT up and really put some power to the pedals.

Glad you guys like it. Often times I've had people asking my blessings to copy or imitate something I did. I just want to make it clear that anything I post is up for grabs. I'm not wealthy money wise but I'm more than happy to share my knowledge. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with, that's a real treat to me. :)

I've put 70 miles on this bike in the past 3 days on the mean and bumpy streets of Montreal and I'm happy to report that I've had no issues whatsoever. I've even hit 35 mph downhill today and the bike was real stable. The light changed to red at the very bottom of the hill and the brakes did their job flawlessly. I still have some dressing up to do on it and I have to install some fenders.

Keep posted :)

I'VE GOT AN IDEA FOR THAT BACK BRAKE AND YOU'RE DOING A GREAT JOB!! THAT LUNCH BOX COOLER IDEA IS GOING TO BE COPIED ALOT. YOU KNEW BEER RUN BRAIN WAS GONNA COPY IT. :lol: THUMBS UP AND...GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Very cool bike!
i like your version of the foot brake!

Thanks Bern, I knew you'd like it. The beer box was a success. It held together and the felt insulation with the ice packs kept everything cool.

Now to fenders. I didn't want to kill the bike's look but I need them. So inspired by a sports car I saw on Top Gear, I made mine with tires. I've got the front one done and I'll be finishing the rear one tomorrow. Let me know what you think.

DSCN2219.jpg

DSCN2220.jpg

DSCN2221.jpg

DSCN2222.jpg

Thanks for the great feedback folks. Here it is with the rear fender done.

DSCN2227.jpg

This is the current over all look of the bike.

DSCN2230.jpg

Just added this little voodoo doll. The needles represent where I'm hurting right now except for the one in the heart. That one is a reminder to me. :)

DSCN2226.jpg

It just keeps getting better and better!
That fender idea is beyond cool. On a different build I bet that would look cool where the live tires were a different color from the fender tires.

Peatbog said:
Well, I don't want to kiss your bike, but it really is cool. I like that tapered fork. Those are hard to find nowadays. That speedo is especially good looking. And the brake is cool. And the lunch boxes are really cool too. And the fenders, those are cool too. The whole freaking bike is cool. I still don't want to kiss it, but I might give it a hug. Really, I just like looking at it. It just looks really cool. Hmmm, I need a thesaurus.

Anyway, since you don't mind people stealing your ideas, I am getting me some yarn and making a voodoo doll. That thing cracks me up.

If you had the chance to ride it, you would marry it. The looks are good but the ride impresses me even more. I can ride this bike all day. :)

kingfish that idea sounds interesting. I might try it on the next one. Oh yes, there will be more. :mrgreen:

Back