His and Hers Roadmaster Project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Funny how bikes come into your life. Sometimes, it seems, with a purpose. I picked up a mens Roadmaster Skyrider from a scrapyard for $5. It sat in the basement for months, largely forgotten. Too busy selling road bikes I have no love for.

34j4nkl.jpg

Jump ahead several weeks to the Ann Arbor Bike Show. I went with the idea of getting a nice Cruiser for the girlfriend. In fact I went to Ann Arbor with the girlfriend! She said she wanted something for weekend rides and pub crawls. I couldn't believe it when I spotted a sister to my Skyrider. A Roadmaster Saturn. The girlfriend dug it, so it was an instant sale. I even let her haggle a price. :wink:

I somehow misplaced the before pictures. The chrome was pretty bad, but not pitted. Paint was pretty faded. Tires completely melted. Totally wrong seat. The star crank was fairly decent. I bought a second star crank for my Roadmaster.

I am still looking for a decent set of white pedals, but it is pretty much done. I want to do an LED headlight, too.

2u3xhdt.jpg

5vdi5i.jpg

2e4hiit.jpg

2ni31n7.jpg

Now back to work on the boys bike. Here is a quick mock-up. Not sure I'll keep the radially spoked front wheel. Unsure about those bars, also. Either way, we'll have a nice clean girly bike and a super ratty boys. :)

etehlh.jpg

hey great project not much to do in the girl's frame look's real good :wink:

I have the twin of your girls bike! I'm just about to paint her and I don't know where to find decals. I think someone replaced them at somepoint because it's listed as a skyrider, but I think it's actually a Saturn.

Wow, bringin' back the oldies. I traded the boy's Skyrider away over a year ago.

As for decals, I have seen them on ePay a few times. I know you can generally get the head tube sticker there. Failing that, you could always have a vinyl shop do some reproductions for you. I am pretty sure the boy's and girl's tanks are the same, so the decals should be interchangeable.

zombie-thread.jpg

Back