His And Hers Higgins..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this find is my only one with a story I think. The owner said His Dad bought the bikes new in 58 or 59 for him and his sister. I guess that explains the switched around neck and handlebars.. I would love to clean these up as much as I can so me and the wife can take a ride. Any tips on removing rust and saving as much paint as possible are welcomed..Also any info on these bikes are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
DSCF2541.jpg

DSCF2534.jpg

DSCF2536.jpg

Rat Rod said:
Nice find!

Bring out the pressure washer. :D
Lol! You are actually correct because must of what you see is dirt with some rust.. The sad thing is the rims are rusted bad in one spot on each rim.. I dont think I can bring that back to life.

great scores :mrgreen:
heres what i use to bring things back from the dead....
(not shown ppgs wax and grease remover first)3ms rubbing compound/glaze/meguiars cleaner wax(all with a flannel polishing rag). they work wonders even on rust
compound002.jpg

took these from this...
compound003.jpg

to this....
compound004.jpg

(just for the record thats only once with just compound...i never got around to finishing them :oops: )
good luck!

Wow! Thanks for the tips Sensor..that rim looks great. Steve you have a great point about getting some new rims..I will kno they will work lol, plus I can see if I can throw some 24x3's on the rear of both.

Back