Higgoosa

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've decided to give this a go and go full on Rat - Nothing, so far, is new. Everything has come via junk piles or from junk dealers. So far I have around $7.00 in the build and I just went to this giant flea market today so I have another $2.50 worth of parts for it. I'm going 20" ( sorta ) because my 8 year old helper and bike tester can't reach the ground on the bigger bikes.

The frame a 24" 60ish Higgins - Found under a rental house - the Higg in Higgoosa
IMGP0146.jpg

IMGP0147.jpg

The Forks from a 26" Mongoose mountain bike - From free parts bike ( never used threadless before )
IMGP0158.jpg

my first mock up - the seat on it is just for mock up it's from a kids skip tooth.
IMGP0157.jpg

Found some old BMX chain rings at a junk shop. The guy said take them he didn't know what they were. So I threw them together with some regular old bolts to see what it would look like and when it didn't hit the frame I left them like that ( go RAT )
IMGP0161.jpg

Mock up with sprocket
IMGP0162.jpg

Threw on these bars
IMGP0165.jpg

Now with different tires and rims and working on custom fender ( going to cut fenders somewhere and piece them together to wrap around three quarters of rear tire )
IMGP0164.jpg

IMGP0166.jpg

Thanks for lookin' at the Higgoosa,

Latest posts

Back