Hiawatha Phoenix

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this bike from a co-worker for the low low price of FREE! It says Phoenix 26 on the top tube and has a Hiawatha head badge, but I think it's a Murray. Looks completely original, and it's AWESOME. It looks like the tires have seen better days, but it's pretty cool looking. He left it at my house, and I literally just took this pic, put it in the garage and came in the house. So, I'll pour over it a little more later and get a better idea of what I have...but it looks really cool. Has a MN license sticker from the late 70's on it too.
IMG-20120329-00381.jpg

That's clean! Very nice. I think Gambles was a department store like Coast King, Sears, or Montgomery Ward.

outskirtscustoms said:
That's clean! Very nice. I think Gambles was a department store like Coast King, Sears, or Montgomery Ward.
Thanks! It's hard to believe how nice it is, but, this is the same guy who GAVE me a '69 Ariens snowblower that works perfectly and looks pretty good, so, he really takes care of his stuff! He must like me because I'm the only other Italian guy at work. LOL
I ordered some 26 x 1-3/8 kenda cross knobby tires and tubes off Amazon from Niagra Cycle Works (I'll plug them since they have super deals on tires and they ship quickly) and that's about all I'm going to do to it :)

Spent a couple of hours on the bike tonight. Got the new Kendas on it, put on a more comfortable seat I had laying around, took off the goofy reflectors that were on the wheels, cleaned up the paint and shined up the rims. Surprisingly clean bike for the age, obviously wasn't ridden much and stored well. Rides, shifts and brakes like a new bike! I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow

So far as Murrays go, that's a really nice one. Love the chromed fork!

Back