Hiawatha Drag Duster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I found this rusty gem on the Seattle CL, and was surprised to find that it was actually located in Montana. I wasn't about to drive 20hrs round trip to get it, and was happy to hear that he would ship it. The frame has had an awful spray can paint job done to it, the seat is toasted (and off a stingray), they had to cut one of the grips off to take the handlebars off, and the goodyear rear slick is cracked all the way around. The good news is that the chainguard is in great condition. There is minimal rust on it, and you can still see a faint image of the decal. Hopefully Raleigh Ron has this particular decal in his collection. I had to have it, as this particular frame style can almost never be found around where I live (Vancouver, Canada), and I'm not planning on a restoration anyway. I really want to pimp it out and make it super unique, so I'll start a build thread when I get back from my vacation so you can follow its resurrection/evolution.

DragDuster1.jpg

DragDuster4.jpg

DragDuster2.jpg

DragDuster3.jpg

sharmangasaurusrex said:
That is one beautiful bike M-E. I hope mine will turn out 1/10th that cool. BTW where did you get those cool brake cable casings? I want them. :wink:
Thanks, Yours will look Great I'm sure when you get it finished.. Good luck with it.. Those Cable Covers, I got them from someone on the Muscle bike forums, But I forgot who i got them from..lol
You may try and post a Want ad on the MBF
http://musclebikeforums.com/

Back