Hi, NewGuy from Hailey, ID - gonna do first build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI all. I'm Steve from Hailey, ID. Always wanted to do some Klunker build, maybe kinda like the Marin bikes, particularly Gary's (though I am not worried about being pre-war) and kinda like, meaning close enough. Not exact. But also, kinda want to keep a more vintage vibe, and maybe use the original fenders when it is wet. Here is my platform. I at least am going to move away from the skip tooth, and will probably use a 36t cloverleaf the seller has. In the rear, was thinking about trying to affix a derailleur with an emergency hanger, but don't really think I want to have to bend the frame to fit a MTB hub. So I guess I will get a S/A three speed hub. May also use a drum brake hub in the front. If there was a way to use a drum brake hub in the back, and hang a derailleur, without having to bend things up much, I might do that. I am also figuring that as long as I keep it a 1x, I can still use the chainguard, which I think I will do for now.

This is all in the contemplative/planning stage. Will go pick up the bike in Portland in a week or three.

Cheers! Steve

55520897-6808-421F-BB99-33FF65BDAF3D.jpeg

Back