Hi from the UK :)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. Just joined this very cool forum as i'm hoping to get started on my first ratrod bike build soon and will be looking for some help if you don't mind :) Got my first two bikes from eBay UK and am looking to build a cafe racer style machine, hopefully along the lines of an Excelsior motorcycle. I'm no mechanic but am an engineer with hopefully good skills and plenty of willing help from friends. Looking to get something done for next classic car season to look cool sitting next to my slammed '63 Bug :)

Hi. The 'Hercules' was actually better than i thought when I picked it up - the gears etc all working so i'm thinking of just sorting that out a little bit to ride 'as is' for now and maybe barter for my mate's cutting and welding skills if I need some (he's also a bada*s pinstriper called Mad Danny) :) The other I will probably play with as it has that nice curve to the frame and has been repainted a number of times already so has no decals left. I'm a novice but have a friend who is a powder coater which is very handy. I think as this is my first attempt i'll try and keep realistic and go for a cafe racer style of bike? In my mind i'd like something looking vaguely like a vintage 'Excelsior' motorcycle, similar to the bike below. With an added slightly curved crossbar and tank 'panel'. Excuse my basic descriptions - not up to speed with the right terms yet. I know I want whitewalls tho! Haha :)

Welcome! You should get plenty of inspiration from the guys on this forum! I am trying to turn my Schwinn into a cafe racer as we speak! :D

Back