Hi from the UK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I'm currently collecting parts to build something like an old style boardtracker or possibly something more street focused with mudguards/fenders (it gets wet here!)

So far I have the remains of a wrecked old Pashley delivery bike which will donate:
Complete compact rear triangle.
26" rear wheel with Sturmey Archer hub brake & 3 speed internal gears.
Brake levers & gear selector.
Stand.
Front 'Sturmey Archer' hub with internal brake (on 24" rim so needs rebuilding on 26").
Possibly stem & bars.
Narrow gauge tubing for fork brace.
Possibly chainset, pedals & bottom bracket.

I've also rescued an old 22" Schwinn CrissCross frame which may donate it's front triangle, headset and possibly forks (may try to find some older flat crowned forks or springer forks instead though).

Originally I was just going to stretch a Schwinn Corvette but as I've got this lot I think it makes sense to try & replicate a boardtrack frame.

Found this forum (and the 'motorbicycling' one) when googling for a 4 stroke gas motor kit (will do a search/new thread for that as I'd like something with a long stroke if I can find one).

I need to find the best way to fabricate the lower loop in which to mount the motor too. UK plumbing pipe benders only go up to 22mm diameter so I've thought about trying to find a childs bike with a single 'U' shaped frame to use for this section.

Seem to be some other UK cruiser fans on here though gas bikes aren't legal on UK roads so it's either add lights etc and get it tested & approved as a sub 50 or 125cc custom motorcycle or just pedal it between unclassified roads.

Cheers for now!

Hi and Welcome where abouts North West are you? We have a forum member from Stockport, your bike build ideas sound cool! :D

Hi there,
I too have been looking at the motorised bicycle thing the last few days. I decided here in the outskirts of London that Moped registration would be the best way to go.
But like I said it is only the last few days I have been looking so I havn't figured out the DVLA stuff yet.

Good luck with your build and welcome to RRB.

Kevin

Cheers chaps

I alternate my time between the Lakes and South Manchester so only a couple of miles from the Baron - always good to see someone else local.

I'll start a build thread once I've got the project started - I'd like to have something cobbled together for next years Rockabilly Rave or Hot Rod Hay Ride where they have a dirt oval!

http://www.hotrodhayride.com/home.html

BennyMasss-2.jpg

Welcome from about as close as you can get... Kendal! :D
Hot Rod Hayride is on my 'must do' list. It looks like a hoot!

Cheers Bodge

I'm C'mouth based when up there but could always send you a PM if I get out to the Brewery Arts Centre for any shows.

Yet to try the new 50's/Biker themed diner in Keswick:
http://www.lakesescape.co.uk/Lakes_Esca ... _Cafe.html

Takes me back to witnessing a Bank Holiday Mods v Rockers fight by Derwentwater when I was a young kid around 1981 - ah nostalgia!

That'd be cool as I'm about 300 yards from the Brewery :D
The Cafe sounds very interesting. Might have to take a run up there in the Chevy with the family and check it out. All in favour of 50's themed anything really :lol:

Back