Hi from Brasil!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I've seen, I'm the only one from my country here. I'm registered to this forum from a long time, but this is my first message. As an architect, I love to design and build things (not only buildings). I love bikes and hot rods (including "rat" ones) and became fascinated with the possibility to combine both in a low cost creation. Then I've discovered this forum... My congratulations to the administrators!
Well, I'm just introduced. So let me introduce one of my rides:
DSCF0834.jpg

This bike is a REAL barnfind! A couple of years ago, my dad bought a little farm in a town near from here and I've found this one in a... barn! It's a late 70's brazilian made "Brandani". It was a hit when I was a kid! It's not so old, but very rare. Another view:
DSCF0846.jpg

This was the original look:
Brandani.jpg

My intention was to inscribe it at the RRB Build Off, but the bike is in very bad condition, so I figure that I can't finish it in time. Next time, perhaps. Originally, it came with a banana seat and after some research on sites like eBay (Mercado Livre, in Brasil), I've bought one at regular condition. The only cost I had until this time. I'll need several parts to put this on order, like rims, tires, etc.
This rear drum brake is almost impossible to find in Brasil, so I'll replace it with a coaster:
DSCF0848.jpg

Well, this is the end for a while, sugestions accepted to turn this bike in a cool ride...

Thats an interesting bike. Kinda looks like a cross between a muscle bike and a dirt bike. Keep us posted on the progress.

Hi, friends. Excuse me if I was offline for these days. Me and my wife just discovered she is pregnant (my second child), so things are a little messy here.
We have many interesting bikes in Brasil (or Brazil, if you north americans prefer). I have other bikes too, a cruiser (here known as "caiçara" ou "beach bike") and two bikes very popular here, the "Barra Circular" (circular bar), designed by Monark do Brasil in the early 70's and still in production by Monark and copied by many other manufacturers. My two is '87 model and was almost unused by my brothers. This one it's not mine, but looks like this:
BarraCircular.jpg

The bike below is another hit by brazilian Monark, a female model, still in production, called " Brisa". I'm trying to buy (or better GAIN) one from my older brother's wife:
brisa01.jpg

I love the thin curved tubes of this model, could be a great rat, if painted flat black with red or orange rims. What do you think?
Well, this is for a while. Regards.

Olá , very nice find on the MX bike [ pre dates BMX] Those 2 other bikes have very nice lines, very interesting, looks like they would make great projects, I love interesting, unusual and diffrent frame designs.. and best of all they are NOT BUILT by schwinn
Tchau :mrgreen:

Wow, I love the lines on that girl's bike! Is this Monark somehow associated with the old Monark Silver King Co. that was based in Chicago?

I'd love to get my hands on a "new" Monark.

Rick

Back