Hi from a newby

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm sharmangasaurusrex from Vancouver, Canada. I am currently building a franken-musclebike that started with a Sears Rail frame and is pretty close to being completed. It has a Sears Screamer rat-trap front forks, NOS 5-speed shifter, 16x1.75 front wheel, 20x2.125 rear slick, ramshorn handlebars, an extended goose neck stem, and an extra long sissybar. The only part that I'm currently looking for is a flaming stack chain guard, but those seem to be in short supply and very expensive. It's really starting to get sunny out this way, so I hope to be riding within 2 weeks.

photo-8.jpg

Thanks for the welcomes Largek9 and Tin machine. It was actually supposed to be shermangasaurusrex, but I had a typo and couldn't correct it, so I`m stuck with Shar. It`s just a name that evolved from my drinking name, which started as Sherman, then became Big Sherm, Shermapottomus, and finally Shermangasaurus Rex. Kinda stuck with me even though I`m approaching the big 4-0 and no longer get that drunk (most of the time anyway :oops: ) Glad to be a part of this site as it looks like I can find a lot of stuff that my LBS doesn't have and the prices seem more reasonable than ebay. I wish there were more people in my city (Vancouver) that were into muscle bikes, but the cruiser/lowrider community is very strong and vancruiser.ca organizes many group rides which I plan to attend in a few weeks when my baby is finally finished. May the sun be shining on your next ride and the flats be few and far between.

Cool story on the name. Do you have any photos of your monster muscle bike?
Is that the one you plan to put the SouthPark Chef figures on?

Will have some pics pretty soon, hopefully, just can't seem to find the connector that goes from my phone to the puter, otherwise would have already posted them. Wish I had taken photos of what I started with so I could have got in on the build off (although I haven't fabricated anything, just pieced things together), but I hadn't found RRB until recently. No worries though, as the real joy for me isn't in the build, it's all about the ride, and the finished product. 8)

Actually my wife just gave me her phone, so I will take pics on hers and try to post today or tomorrow.

Back