Hi from a Brit in Florida

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I live mainly in UK (where I have a collection of Brit vintage bikes) I also have a house in central Florida south of Orlando where I am building up a collection of vintage USA bikes mainly Rat Rods.Anyone out there fairly close by who is interested in riding some of the trails or non busy roads on their vintage bikes.
If you want to check me out first try my web site http://www.tonystravels.com

and if interested why I use Rubblequeen just ask - bit of an amusing story.
Glad I found this site but hardly started searching it yet.
Tony

Hey Tony,
Glad you came on; there are more than a few fans of vintage British 'iron' here (me: BSA, Raleigh and Triumph, all Nottingham 'sports' frames).
Too bad you arent closer to Wisconsin :wink: , I could probably help you out on those American framed models.

sweetwillie said:
Hi Tony, Welcome. I am very interested in vintage British bicycles. How far south of Orlando are you ? I am in Jacksonville.
Hi I'm about 15 miles south just off the I4 in Celebration. Unfortunately as I'm only allowed to stay for a short time I return to the UK on Monday but will be back at Easter i hope.
I have a collection of British bikes back home so will continue with projects over there. Been working on a Silver Jet and Schwinn cycle truck this time.
Happy to help with anything British if I can.
Would be good to meet up with other in the area interested if vintage bicycles
Tony

I also do long distance rides to highlight (not raising money) a charity for people with excessive heart burn.

gcrank1 said:
Hey Tony,
Glad you came on; there are more than a few fans of vintage British 'iron' here (me: BSA, Raleigh and Triumph, all Nottingham 'sports' frames).
Too bad you arent closer to Wisconsin :wink: , I could probably help you out on those American framed models.
Thanks GC nice bikes I have a BSA folding paratroopers bike from WW2 - very interesting and wouldn't be English if I didn't have a Raleigh :)
Tony

Perhaps you can tell me, as Ive only found one BSA pic online (captioned a 1972) with decals like mine, are the schemes specific to each year, or do they run on? Ive switched things around a bit, but think the SA 3spd hub had a '71 or '72 date code on it, so that pic is very possibly correct. I was hoping to find some pics from sales brochures online, but no luck so far. Also, what would that BSA 'sports' model have been called?

gcrank1 said:
Perhaps you can tell me, as Ive only found one BSA pic online (captioned a 1972) with decals like mine, are the schemes specific to each year, or do they run on? Ive switched things around a bit, but think the SA 3spd hub had a '71 or '72 date code on it, so that pic is very possibly correct. I was hoping to find some pics from sales brochures online, but no luck so far. Also, what would that BSA 'sports' model have been called?

Hi - OK personally I don't know the answers but here is maybe a start OldBike.eu and when I get back to UK I have access to a huge on line library of vintage manuals and sales brochures. As well as some far more knowledgeable people than me.
I'll do my best

South orlando?? What part .. your in my neck of the woods... literaly .. lol i live in meadow woods by Cypress creek high school....
welcome

Thanx Tony!, I'd appreciate that; you will be staying on forum while back there, I expect; one of the things Ive come to love about the 'net. I never expected to have 'pen-pals all around the world and its a treat!

jaysmo said:
South orlando?? What part .. your in my neck of the woods... literaly .. lol i live in meadow woods by Cypress creek high school....
welcome

Hi we are almost neighbours I'm at the end of the 417 in Celebration. You'd be welcome to come over and let me pick your brains about the best local services. ie powder coating, chroming, engineering companies etc

Unfortunately have to fly back to UK on Monday but planning to visit the Orange Bike shop bike jumble Saturday.
If you want to IM me I'll give you my phone number.
Tony

Oh man was that today? I been running around all day.... But yea that will cool I deal alot with kyles bike shop off of prime rose in down town orlando
And raju cajun off of kaley and orange ave..... But yea we can do some bike talking.......

Back