Hey guys

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there guys,

Been lurking for a while and figured I would sign up and get things started. I have been cruising around the bike builds and kept feeling this urge to build something myself. I currently have a macarri mustang gt that I have installed a 66cc motor on it. I am typically cruising this around town and having fun seeing the reactions from people. Now the bike alone is different and many people haven't seen one up here, but something homemade has probably never been seen. I have a buddy, the one that got me into the motorized bikes, that has a spare welder and has offered to let me use his welder. So figured I would throw my hat in the ring at the homemade bike building thing.

Being as I up here in North Dakota, I have most of the winter to mess around with the build. I am already working on beefing up my motor to get it a little faster, as 30 mph just isn't fast enough. So while working on the engine I figure I can work on a frame as well. Being a family guy with my wife and young son, I was hoping to get them into this as well. My son has already taken a liking to "daddy's long bike" and mom doesn't seem to mind it either. Being young yet, 30, figure I have plenty of time to master some of these techniques and building some great looking bikes.

I have a few car tires sitting in my garage, as well as my brother talking to his car club friends about some of their used low profile tires. Figured these would make some killer rear tires, and something even more over the top.

So that is me in a nut shell.... Can't wait to add to the forum, and soak up as much info as possible.

Welcome aboard!

I lived in Grand Forks, 2005-2008 and really liked the bike paths, even when it got near freezing. They actually plow the bike paths so we could go riding all year long.

Last edited:
Yeah the roads get cleared up here fairly quick.

Heck when looking at building some frames, my wife made mention of a set of snow tires we have in the garage. A smaller pair of studded snow tires......could make for a fun bike, that is if I can get the traction.

Latest posts

Back