Hey from Norfolk UK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there guys,
Been browsing this site for a little while now and thought I'd take the plunge and introduce myself! I'm Chris, known to friends as Skippy and I'm pretty new to the whole bike scene.

I've recently started a blog following me restoring an old Raleigh Triumph, would really love it if some of you guys stopped by and checked it out and gave me pointers along the way! the link is cskips.tumblr.com

Cheers guys!

i got a reply!
was beginning to think you guys didnt care! any tips/suggestions on how to turn my rust pile into something to be proud of??

That works. I wouldn't rush into spoke removal. I expect some or even all of the nipples are rusted in place, so you could end up needing to replace them. You could check to see if they'll turn with a spoke wrench, also check with your lbs or internet vendor about the cost of replacements.

Yeah they are pretty rusted - i dont know what state they should be in before thinking of replacing them? the nipples are rusted in place and dont move which is a pity because some need tightening up. do you have any suggestions as to what paint i should use to re spray? is automotive brand stuff the best for a durable finish? as last time i used plasti-kote which seems like more of a hobby brand and although the finish was good, it wasnt perhaps as good as i hoped.

Back