hey from another canuck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey - my name is Doug - I'm in Winnipeg, MB - I've been messing with bikes for about 40 years & have never tired of it - I love all things bicycle [old & new] & recently decided to return to the 'ratrod' kinda thing - this forum seems like a good place to be - I'm looking for a project to get through the winter & until it presents itself, I did this bike to get in the mood - not really 'ratrod', but kinda 'boy racer' :wink: - later doug

klunk_2sp.jpg

I think that makes five of us here in Manitoba. Welcome here. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Great looking bike! Nice fenders, didn't notice them until the second look!

Hey - a little history on this bike - it was more of a conversion than a build - started as a '97 Fisher 'KLUNKER' - by '98 they were quite reasonably priced in Canada as the dist. had mis-judged the market & was willing to unload them cheap - if you're not familiar with the 'KLUNKER', it was to be a repro of the original 70's 'fireroad' downhill bikes from California [ based on the Excelsior frame ] - the new version was spec'd with STX stuff & it was really a MTB/CRUISER type bike - my wife thought it would be perfect for her - WRONG!!!!!! - I think she was on it twice & it became my commuter for two seasons - anywho, I have become a devotee of the single speed thing in the last few years & decided to convert it to SS - I have pix of the different stages of the conversion, but perhaps they would be better posted in another forum - doug

mel_net06.jpg

Back