Hey Cali members... what's up with SB92???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I've been seeing a lot of stuff on FB pages regarding this Senate Bill 92 (?), making helmets and Hi-Vis vests mandatory for cyclists of all ages. Now I read the bill but didn't see anything regarding the requirement of bicycle safety gear (anybody got a bill section number?)... of course I didn't do a line by line cause it's pretty dry stuff! I was just wondering if any of you left coasters had any insight on the whole thing?
Personally, if I'm not on my road bike or really mountain biking on the MTB I don't wear a helmet. Also living in FLA, if they ever tried that here I'd better see some motorcycle helmet legislation going through first!

I thought that was being proposed in Wyoming? Maybe they're tryin it in Cali, too. As far as the sites I haunt go, it seems to me like Wyoming is getting more attention for it at this point.

They don't enforce driving on the right side of the road.....Helmets are a bit ridiculous considering

Last edited by a moderator:
So, you can legally shoot a Winchester 30-06 from your truck window in Wyoming w/o a helmet, but because the whiskey-fueled, beer-can-throwing driver in the same truck are a threat to the cyclist, they make the cyclist wear a helmet. go figure..

Back