Hey all, Paul here from New Zealand

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep another Kiwi . . . I have following for a while, got a 80's/90's Scwhinn Cruiser and have started tinkering, it was pretty exposed in places so I have just hit it in red oxide to protect it. I will sand it all down and prime/paint when I have it sorted out.
I look forward to talking with a few of you, until then, See you later.

Welcome to the madness!

Momma JATS

Thanks for the welcome guys, I will load a photo sometime this weekend. I have also just scored a Huffy Savannah, are they worth spending the money on?

Gidday Paul,

Welcome aboard. Where in NZ are you? I'm in Kerikeri at the moment after moving here from Christchurch in March 2011.

Glen.

Bicycle Addict said:
Thanks for the welcome guys, I will load a photo sometime this weekend. I have also just scored a Huffy Savannah, are they worth spending the money on?

The only Huffy Savannah's that I have seen are tandems. Decent bikes, but basically what we call Walmart bike here in the US. The beauty of RRB is almost any bike you like can be made cool. It doesn't have to be an Elgin or Columbia or ..............
JUST HAVE FUN!

Glen said:
Gidday Paul,

Welcome aboard. Where in NZ are you? I'm in Kerikeri at the moment after moving here from Christchurch in March 2011.

Glen.

Howsit Glen? I am in Auckland, been trying hard to get a frame for a while looking forward to the build I got the Truvativ BB converter yesterday so I hope to get that in tomorrow.
You working on much?

kingfish254 said:
Bicycle Addict said:

The only Huffy Savannah's that I have seen are tandems. Decent bikes, but basically what we call Walmart bike here in the US. The beauty of RRB is almost any bike you like can be made cool. It doesn't have to be an Elgin or Columbia or ..............
JUST HAVE FUN!

Hey Kingfish Thanks for the welcome. Your latest finds thread has almost had me cowering in the corner sucking my thumb balling through some sort of weird over enthused, over jealous envy!!?
I wonder if you guys realize how much cool stuff you can get a hold of with relative ease.
At the turn of this century there were 180 individual cycle manufacturer's in NZ most of these followed the standard "Safety" frame idea so I can get hold of that sort of stuff at some expense, not much early American stuff here though.
I will make do with what comes my way. Thank again all.

Ah yes... I totally know that feeling. It happens to me every day when I visit this site and see the bountiful supply of amazingly shaped frames that our American brethren are bestowed with. :mrgreen:

To answer the question "You working on much?", I just finished Rattled for Build Off 8...

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=75580

I have since decided to experiment with a bolt on laid back seat tube on the Marin Drake that I got originally for the wheels to use on Rattled. Since I didn't use the wheels, I'll keep it as is but the riding position is not good for me. So I need to get the seat back to give a bit more stretch. The seat tube will be a cross between this...

Deven_Science's laid back seat tube on Avocado...
IMG_1708_zps60047563.jpg

And this...

The Renaissance Man's bolt on seat post on Southern Flyer...
100_5629_1_zps953a7bc5.jpg

I also got one of those Repco Preset bikes from The Warehouse a year ago when they were on special and have done nothing with it. That is about to change though as I have devised a cunning plan...

Back