Help!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I need help getting these things done:
camera-gate400.jpg

Removing a stripped screw from this stick shift...how do i do it?
ive tryed grabbing it with a wrench

And then getting a stuck pedal out of a crank...Its been stuck for days, not moving. I dont have any powertools, ive used the hammer method, and i dont have a torch(Yet)

CAREFULLY grind a slot with a dremmel and use a regular screwdriver to get it out.CAREFULLY!!

...as for the pedal spray the heck out of it and make sure youre going the right way. Easy to get sidetracked...

Craftsman sells a set of bits that will remove screws with striped heads. I gottem, never used them, so don't know if they work for sure. But, they guarantee they work. :roll:

(shifter)just watch the edges....maybe even put a little painters tape on the shifter housing...good luck!! :mrgreen:

KOTA said:
Craftsman sells a set of bits that will remove screws with striped heads. I gottem, never used them, so don't know if they work for sure. But, they guarantee they work. :roll:

I saw those on the tube..looked cool!!

sorry to hear that........but still ask
btw when you tape it use masking tape all around it with about 3 layers of duct tape over the masking tape(less chance of cutting into the shifter)

You seem to be working on MORE (ratty) bikes then most people here :roll: . You should, GO BUY THE CRAFTSMAN SET! You'll probably use them quite often! :lol:

Craftsman "thigamajig"

Latest posts

Back