Help with the years on theses old schwinn's

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got theses ones this past summer and just never got around to geting any picks of them posted but after all the snow we've had here in Michigan im finally glad to see the sun today and to not have it snow for once. this is how I got them any info on them would really help me out.

And after a little wet sanding I got it to look like this

Tried to get some picks of it in the sun

I power coated the bars a Texture gray it go's well with the rest of the color of the bike and I covered the seat too it also was badged with a plane and train but I put the Indian head badge on it the Serial number on it is
H73262
And this one is a Pullman head badged one thought the Chain guard it was cool never seen one before has a cool squirt decal on it with a the Serial number on it is
D19164

Thanks

both of those bikes are prewar as indicated by the rear facing dropouts and yes both very cool bikes

The blue one is a '41 and the red one is a '39.

Agree, Doug is real close. Red one could be a '38 also, which was the first year of the chrome bird wing chain guard. The blue one has to be a '41 because of the one year only chainguard which came out in '41 with clamp mounts. After the war that guard bolted to the frame tabs. The blue one is a model BA-107 and the red one is a BA-97. I would love to have both those bikes! I'll trade my wife, my dog, and my pickup for them.:praise: Best pair of Schwinn's I've seen on here for a while.

I bought a '41 BA-97 years ago that had been painted black. I stripped the paint off and there was "Squirt". Actually, it had one on each fender. Squirt came out in '39 IIRC. Here's a pic of my "Squirt", now sandblasted into oblivion. Gary

Thanks for the help on the years on the bikes guys the tank on the blue one has a ea button on the tank and it works to all I had to do was clean the Connections and add batteries. What would the value of the red one be if I was looking to get rid of it be.

Whoops. Guess I was wrong.

No doubt you were interpreting the serial number alone. This is dangerous with Schwinns prior to 1960 or so because they repeated many serial number sequences several times. You need to first place the bike in a narrow range of years by evaluating it's physical characteristics, and then the serial number can probably pinpoint the year within the narrowed range.

No doubt you were interpreting the serial number alone. This is dangerous with Schwinns prior to 1960 or so because they repeated many serial number sequences several times. You need to first place the bike in a narrow range of years by evaluating it's physical characteristics, and then the serial number can probably pinpoint the year within the narrowed range.
I thought they looked older then what those sites brought up. I thought everything on the internet was true? Lol, thanks for the info.

Back