help with Monark I.D. 02-06-11

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was given a frame by a friend, and I can't find any help on the web with a proper I.D. :?

it's a girls frame, and it had a skip-link sprocket and chain up front (were they original equipment?)

there's a tag on the bottom of the bottom bracket that says......

model # 3316
serial # A0040811

thanks ladies and gents!!
100_2048.jpg

100_2050.jpg

Re: help with bike I.D. 07-20-10

CALLING OUT TO "icyuod2"

you posted one of these in the gallery under a thread titled "show us your chick bikes heres mine"

if it's a Monark, do you know what year?

thanks for your help guys!!

Yep, it's Monark built. Are you sure that second '0' isn't an 8? A 5 digit # would be from 41 or earlier, but that's definitely a postwar frame. If it is an 8, that's a 1952 number. -Adam

yup! double checked it, and it's a 0, not an 8

thank's for all your help you guys!

we're really excited to know what year and make this bike is before I custom build it for my my wife

THANKS AGAIN!!

anyone know of another site/forum to find the year of this Monark? :?

I double checked the numbers, and they're correct....

thanks again!

theVULTURE said:
anyone know of another site/forum to find the year of this Monark? :?

I double checked the numbers, and they're correct....

thanks again!
Usually, there are bikes that are numbered differently than the norm. And without a complete bike with original paint and graphics, it's next to impossible to nail down. I double checked my books, and that frame doesn't show up until 1946-7. And they stopped making balloon tire models at the end of 1954, so it's definitely between those years anyway!

Back