HELP WITH FIXIE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noy

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i´am erasmus student here, there is anyone who can help me to buil a Fixie, i have old road Rog and i looking for a old or cheap fixed rear wheel or cog. Is there anyone who can help me or sell me this part? Thx

Probably not the best forum for that but you never know. It would be best if you added where you are located. A good place to try would be "Fixed Gear Gallery" on Facebook.

Getting a fixie rear sprocket is EASY..... just go to your bike shop and buy a single-speed BMX freewheel that fits your hub. They cost about $13. I guess technically it's not a fixie, since it's a freewheel.... but it is a single speed, plus you have the advantage of being able to coast, which is FAR better anyway.

The way Im doing it...(its not quite correct)

I had the cluster/cassette unscrewed from the rear wheel by my local friendly LBS for free.

A BMX/Freestyle cog will screw right on.

The hard part is to find is the lockring for the cog.It needs a RH thread to do it this way.

An English bike bottom bracket lockring works perfect for this.(lucky for me my LBS had one!)

I'll be using THREAD LOCKER on the threads and try to muster-up the strength of three men and a boy to jam it together.

A BMX/Freestyle hub is the way to do it correctly.

They use a L/H jam nut.

Oh yeah...I had to space the axle and re-dish the rim to get it centered to get the chain to run straight,on this '74 Varsity.

(The hubs and aluminum rims are not original to this bike.)

I like re-lacing and truing rims.

Latest posts

Back