help. what kind of bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just bought a friend an old cruiser bike for $10. thing is, they painted mostly over the front badge of it and i have no idea what it is, and neither does the seller as it was his moms bike. i can vaguely make out what looks like it says ROLL..and then after maybe a y or an f, and then maybe an s? it's written in a cursive type lettering. any ideas???

yes it is a rollfast. it has the same front badge on the tube as the bike you have in the link you sent me. i have heard of them, but don't know much about them or their quality. i hope it was a steal for $10, i believe so. though the paint on it is rough and seems like it's been kinda applied heavy. i'm nervous as to what we'll find underneath, or if it can even really be stripped off. the frame seems solid, but i don't know what era it's from or how or if it's layered with rust/corrosion under the paint??? or if it's really worth the work? ive never stripped down a frame, much less a vintage bike, to imagine what or how it looks like underneath. am i nervous over nothing? again, this is my first experience with any of this, and you guys on this forum are my only source of info and mentoring thus far. i got the rollfast or a a girlfriend of mine who wants to do her own restoration/customization project. however, i plan on buying my own soon to work on myself. i'll be learning as i go, with this rollfast being the first of the learning process. any help and info would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. here's the link to see the bike. it's the one on the bottom left with the basket. THANKS ALL! R.

http://rochester.craigslist.org/bik/895960690.html

Even if it's very rough, $10 is a steal for a Rollfast frame. Mine cost WAY more than that and it had a bunch of holes drilled in it! As for rust, sand it down to bare steel before repainting and it should be fine. Good find! A couple of those girls bikes look like they're probably worth picking up as well. I'm jealous. Your craigslist is way better than mine. Looks like you're well on your way to having a barn full of old cruisers like the rest of us whack jobs here. :mrgreen:

Back