help to I.d.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Can anyone tell me where I can find a serial number. Was told it is a 1950's schwinn. Can anyone help with confirming what model and where to find the s/n. Thanks
1452452416266.jpg

Also - where the 2 bars meet the lower bar up front there is a metal bar that goes across (left to right) when sitting on the bike - any idea what that may be for? Never seen anything like that before

Just a guess, but it is probably a "paperboy" modification either to hold a bag or keep the bags away from the front tire.

Serial number should be on the left dropout next to where the rear wheel axle bolts to the frame.

It looks like it is there, buried under the paint. If you removed the wheel and did some sanding, it should be visible.

Ok. After some sanding of the dropout it still wasn't there. Ending up being on the bottom bracket. Number 17517. Cannot seem to decipher based on what I've found online. Any ideas?

That placement means it's 1952 or older. :39:I would expect a letter prefix. If it has the original crank, there may be a date on the center section that would be within a year or two of the production date.

Latest posts

Back