Help on resto, MW Straight bar Pics ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a MW Straight bar ( frame only don't know yr. yet either) coming and don't have any referance pics on what is needed to restore it. Examples of Bars, stems, cranks( think I want to use modern cranks for ease of pedaling around. Paint schemes etc. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sorcerer

Ive read a bunch about 'modern' cranks on several forums, and they look snotty, are lighter (by by ounces), and are supossed to spin easier......emphasis on the 'supposed to'. An assembly spinning on good bearings will spin, just the lighter crank will be a little easier and (by split seconds) quicker to get to speed, after that you are just maintaining rotation. On an older bike with a good one piece crank I dont think I could really tell the difference, the physics of it just dont show it to me. Tires and gear ratios do way more for me in ease of pedaling.
I would build that bike up with what you have, or can get reasonably, use new bearings, and use it for a year, then reconsider what mods to make.

and use it for a year, then reconsider what mods to make.

Thanks. Good info. Gcrank1

Sorcerer

Back