Help identifying Firestone?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello-

I know nothing about bikes, but am looking to get myself a vintage bike. I saw this Firestone today. Could anyone tell me what it is, how much I should offer for it, and if it's a good, reliable bike?

Thanks so much!

Bike.jpg

Looks like a Rollfast by the crank bearing cover and kickstand bracket, also the rear dropouts look Rollfast. Value and all I couldn't say, it's up to you if you want it for yourself, or flip it. The pedals and wheels look good and probably everything's original, girls seldomly tore up their bikes.

Thanks. The lady is asking $295 for it. I don't know anything about bikes, so wasn't sure if it's a deal or not. It looks like it's in great shape.

Will do some research on the Rollfast. Any idea what year it's from?

I'd agree about that being way over on price (just don't want you to get screwed!). It looks like it'll clean up to excellent condition but 150$ is probably about market value on it.

It looks like it's at an antique shop so that explains why. Bicycles are one thing they tend to gauge pretty poorly.

Thanks SO much for your advice! I don't want to get screwed either, and I know nothing about bikes. I appreciate any input you can share.

I went back today and took a closer look. It says "Silver Cruiser II" on the side of it. I will post a few more pics I took. Don't know if that changes your opinions on whether it's a decent price. It also has some paint on the headlight part of it, which may or may not come off. I'll attach a pic of that.

Stinks because I kind of fell in love with this baby. Anywhere else I should be looking for one of these or something similar? I love the chrome look and would prefer a blue or red bike and something that will be a) something I can ride around town and b) something that will photograph well. I do a lot of pinup and would love to incorporate whatever bike I wind up getting.

Bike4.jpg

Bike5.jpg

Bike6.jpg

• Looks like a Snyder built ( Rollfast ) to me also . I have a Huffy built Firestone , You can see there's lots of similarities . The bike you found looks to be in great shape , and those seats are hard to find in good condition . I also agree $150 would be a fair price , I paid less for mine but yours appears to be in better shape .
017-3.jpg

That last pic, by the way... It was supposed to show the paint on the headlight part of the bike. That baby blue part is paint - not a reflection on the chrome.

You might try asking in the wanted forum. Although I guess once shipping is added in you'd probably end up around $200-$250 anyway. But you never know, some of us just aren't into lady's frames.

dogdart said:
BettyGrableLegs said:
That last pic, by the way... It was supposed to show the paint on the headlight part of the bike. That baby blue part is paint - not a reflection on the chrome.
Is it paint ? or where the chrome wore off , revealing the base blue plastic ?

My thoughts exactly.Looks like someone thought it was metal and tried to shine it up.
Also,where are you located? as mentioned,lots of gals bikes up for grabs around here.Could find one close to you.

P.s. awesome username.
-Kreep-

Ha. Thanks! I do pinup, so figure it's appropriate.

I'm in Georgia. This bike is in NC. I don't mind driving a bit to pick one up if it's what I really want.

I wish I knew about the paint. Could be the finish coming off, huh? Yikes. Now I really don't know what to do.

BGL, the first rule in buying a car (or bike) is NOT to fall in love before you buy it! I know, it's hard sometimes, but I have to agree with the other guys, womens bikes don't hold value like the mens. Be patient, if you have the time, and keep looking. Womens bike are usually in better shape than a similiar mens bike, girls take care of their stuff better.

That being said, if you can't live without it, buy it. I have overpaid for lots of things, but I also have lots of neat stuff... I would offer less, the worst they can say is NO, I've heard that so often it doesn't even faze me. If they do say no, leave your name and number. Usually they will call in 2 weeks or so...

Good luck, Rg

Thanks. Of course now the question is... If that isn't paint, is there a way to refinish the front of that bike without it being too expensive?

And unfortunately, this is one of those antique malls, and they won't give me the contact info for the person selling this. It's also out of state, so looks like it might not work out.

What to finish the front... hmmmm, you can find chrome in a can spray paint, but personally I'd leave it alone. The best part on that bike is the seat but the asking price is way high. I wouldn't personally pay more than $75 for it, but around me I can be nice boy's bikes for $100 or under so it depends on your area as well. But, if you have the money and you love it, go for it, just don't expect to get your money back down the road for it.

Back