Help ID My New Ride, Please?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to know what frame this is, it looks like this bicycle has just been pieced together with different parts. What do you guys think? Thanks so much for any input! :D

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

i found the serial number on the head tube and the last 3 numbers are 270. there's paint inside the rest of the numbers so i cant see the rest of the numbers. any ideas on how to just get the paint out of the numbers??

Either a wire brush or some sandpaper, but that will ruin the finish. You could try an awl or dental pick.

CF would be March 1970, but CR would be March 1980, which sounds more like it. My 1980 Typhoon has MR followed by 6 digits. I just went out in then garage and checked it. The serial chart shows 5 asterisks, maybe they made a mistake.

ok so maybe i wasnt just seeing the extra number so its probably CR526270 and it would still be a march 1980 Schwinn? what model would you think it is?

If you pull the crank, you should be able to figure out the year. Can you tell if there was ever a welded on kickstand underneath the chainstays?

there may have been a weld there's a bump just behind the crank on it now which i cant see any holes by that may have been a weld for a kickstand but im not sure.

dont worry about worth, what matters is what its worth to you. ride it till the wheels fall off then put them back on and do it again man. :wink:

Back