Help, ID, Cycle Truck Basket

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Always liked cycle trucks, but really don't know that much about them. This is a local bike I came across, that I might be able to pick up. The basket is huge, and looks like a cycle truck basket.

Is it? and if so, any idea of value on the basket?

You can still get those baskets new today from Wald. Something around $50-60 bucks I believe. Pretty close in size to the small baskets cycle trucks came with I'm told.

Aren't these oversized for newspapers.

Heard them called paperboy baskets before, they are huge for the front of a bike. Had a typhoon with one on it. Would swing the bikes front end over after parking it. Even empty and on flat ground it swung with enough force youd be lucky if it didnt tip the bike over. Only seen them actually getting used on campground bikes or paper deliverers.

That's a Wald Giant Delivery basket, part #157. These were definitely very popular with paperboys BITD, as well as urban food delivery ppl since probably the dawn of time til present. They've been immensely popular in Phila these past few years; I can't go to Center City without seeing a few strapped onto various commuter bikes locked up at the curb. FWIW, I'm using one on a Worksman truck, as I don't have the original basket... The Wald 157 is a sturdy beast, even if it's a smidge on the small size.

Back