HELP...i took apart a 3 speed hub

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i tore apart a shimano cs3 coaster brake hub is there any exploded views out there to help me put it back together or anything else out there to help me
Thanks in advance,
Zimm

I don't know if there is anything online. I have a couple of books. I"ll have a look. If I find something, I maybe able to scan it for you.

Alright, finally got a chance to look (sorry, band practice, then a two speed kick back distracted me). I found what you're looking for in Sutherland's Handbook of Coaster Brakes and Internally-Geared Hubs. It looks like it's the same thing as the 3CC. Please give me some time so I can post what you need.

One thing I will add is that unlike regular coaster brake hubs that can be slapped back together a number of different ways, tri-coasters have to be reassembled in a certain order or they will do all kinds of bad things. I found this out the hard way with the first Sturmey Archer SC3 I ripped apart.

Sutherland's Handbook Of Coaster Brakes and Internally-Geare

We got this retired manual for coaster breaks and internally geared hubs. Its not in publishing anymore (Meaning its old. Old enough to not republish it,) and we haven't found our own copy yet. But here this might help you put it back together, I made the pages big enough so you don't have to have a old person glasses for it.

I did what I thought was the safest way to download it, if anyone has a server that wants to upload it as well, they can, Its not my data anymore, its for the world to share.

What you do is click this link, wait the seconds that it says to wait before you click the link again and says regular download, and its a go. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AHCN3V34 Its a 68.8 megabite PDF file filled with 119 pages of helpful goodness.

I recommend printing it out and putting it in a binder with plastic sheets so you don't get your pages dirty. (Something I learned from LowpowerD (very smart))

I'm the lovely beautiful assistant that did this endeavor. But thank LowpowerD for the idea.

Re: Sutherland's Handbook Of Coaster Brakes and Internally-Geare

you guys are great thanks!

LittleBlueTrike said:
We got this retired manual for coaster breaks and internally geared hubs. Its not in publishing anymore (Meaning its old. Old enough to not republish it,) and we haven't found our own copy yet. But here this might help you put it back together, I made the pages big enough so you don't have to have a old person glasses for it.

I did what I thought was the safest way to download it, if anyone has a server that wants to upload it as well, they can, Its not my data anymore, its for the world to share.

What you do is click this link, wait the seconds that it says to wait before you click the link again and says regular download, and its a go. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AHCN3V34 Its a 68.8 megabite PDF file filled with 119 pages of helpful goodness.

I recommend printing it out and putting it in a binder with plastic sheets so you don't get your pages dirty. (Something I learned from LowpowerD (very smart))

I'm the lovely beautiful assistant that did this endeavor. But thank LowpowerD for the idea.

Back