Help Finding the Right Headlight

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have one of the Cree 1200 lumina headlights, the thing is bright and works well but I dont like the fact that the battery has to be mounted separately and want a Vintage looking headlight that I can permanently mount on the bike rather than using the O ring to mount and remove the headlight every time I use it. So is there a vintage looking headlight out there that is as bright or close to it as the Cree and maybe has a rechargeable battery that will power the light for a decent amount of time between charges?

I've just gotten that light too from Amazon it was $20 and about $5 shipping I had been using my own version with 2 luxion 3w star LEDs and a buck/boost regulator all mounted in a medium size (c cell) Maglite head fitted to a good toggle mount bar clamp. I used 4 AA nmh rechargeable cells in a remote pack. I'v put these in 3 vintage look bike lights . The Supernight with the Cree XM-L T6 led is my new commuter light I have about 2.5 mi out of 7.5 mi on forest preserve bike path and at certain times the black asphalt with leaves would disappear ..not with this new light no problems on the streets but I keep it aimed lower if it were parallel to street it would blind! At 20 bucks build that head into an old light housing strip out your battery pack and make up an old looking frame mount tube to hold them. I have one led light in the headlight link made out of an emergency light head.

Back