Hello, new to this site, SF bay area

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at a VW show over the weekend and bought this Schwinn in the swap. Cannot locate the serial number though. Checked under the crank on the frame, at the left axle on the frame, and next to the Schwinn badge, no numbers. Any ideas on the year or model? Anyways I plan on doing different bars, or flip the current ones, new ww tires, paint the rims and upholster the seat. I am stoked to rod this bike!

Awesome site! Awesome Bikes!

DSC06989.jpg

DSC06990.jpg

DSC06991.jpg

DSC06992.jpg

DSC06993.jpg

welcome to the site!
it must actually be a newer model and stamped on the headbadge
I have never seen those kids of brakes on a schwinn frame tho
and it has a freeewheel in the rear I would clean it up and add bmx bars and its an instant Klunker!
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3057

Hooch said:
welcome to the site!
it must actually be a newer model and stamped on the headbadge
I have never seen those kids of brakes on a schwinn frame tho
and it has a freeewheel in the rear I would clean it up and add bmx bars and its an instant Klunker!
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3057

Do you think they slapped a Schwinn badge on a random bike? It has little loops all down the frame for the brake lines too. Nut in the daylight you can see the outline of a Schwinn decal on the chain guard.....how new do you think?

Well the last digit is a 7 on the serial. So it's either an 87,97,or 07. Good thing it was cheap

Welcome Tom...looks like a Cruiser 7...or something similar

Here's one I sold a few months ago after I robbed the wheels, tires and 7 speed hub... :D

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

That is definitely the bike! I can see remnents of the paint, and it is exactly the same as yours, as well as the bars. Thanks!

WoW! For once I'm glad I don't live by the ocean, the saltwater in the air must be a bike killer! (So that's Reasons I want to live by the ocean-947, Reasons I don't-1, in case you're keeping score). I hear that spraying WD-40 on the inside of a frame was a good way to prevent rust, but don't know what you can do about the outside in that environment.

Welcome to the site!

It looks worse than it is, this thing was bought in the Sacramento area, it must have been sitting in the elements its whole life to get this bad. But it's prett solid, the frame is rusty, but everything else is okay.

P.S. rust IS pretty much the only reason it sucks to be next to the ocean! :p

Hey Tom welcome, I have a 81 cruiser five speed my wife loves it so I dont get to ride it much till I get hers built. What part of the Bay Area are you in ? I grew up,or should I say aged in Hayward currently live on the north end of Clearlake in Lucerne gotta love Nor Cal anyways its all about fun and cheap. :mrgreen:

Gold Street Customs said:
Hey Tom welcome, I have a 81 cruiser five speed my wife loves it so I dont get to ride it much till I get hers built. What part of the Bay Area are you in ? I grew up,or should I say aged in Hayward currently live on the north end of Clearlake in Lucerne gotta love Nor Cal anyways its all about fun and cheap. :mrgreen:

I'm in Castro Valley! Yeah, I got my girl an old huffy 3 speed, she wants hers ratted too!

64 Tom said:

I'm in Castro Valley! Yeah, I got my girl an old huffy 3 speed, she wants hers ratted too!
Castro Valley ,I burnt alot of gas cruising my 69 Buick GS400 ragtop on the boulevard back in the 80's :)

64 Tom said:

Castro Valley ,I burnt alot of gas cruising my 69 Buick GS400 ragtop on the boulevard back in the 80's :)

That's why there are no U-turns allowed all the way down the Blvd! :lol:

There are no more cruises unfortunately :(

Back