Hello from the Hoosier state!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, all. I've been reading up on the seemingly immeasurable amount of tips and tricks on RRB for nearly two years and have finally decided to join. I've just picked up my third classic bike this past Saturday, a 26" Tornado Deluxe from (November?) 1960. This one makes my second Tornado, the first of which is a standard '61 model. These frames have just begun to feed my addiction to the cool styling of the 1960-1962 "double straight bar" Schwinns. I've also recently acquired an all-original and complete 1957 AMF Skyrider. I'm still figuring out just how the whole profile and posting "thing" works here on RRB, but will be sure to post pictures as soon as I've straightened it all out. I'm a life-long Hoosier and am a full-time student at Ball State University. My Tornado Deluxe project, temporarily going under the name "Tetanus", is destined to be a boardtracker-/cafe racer-style Schwinn built to cruise campus. Plans include S-2 wheels (somehow fitted to a newer 7-speed setup?) complete with Bontrager "Hanks" or "Solanas", a FELT "Abraham Linkage" or "Jerry Springer", and much more. The term "Novice" in the name is usually appropriate for my undertakings, but I hope to find all the answers I need right here through RRB! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks, Luke! Am I correct in assuming that to post any photos, we should be using a third-party service? Any idea on which is best?

Thanks, Luke! Am I correct in assuming that to post any photos, we should be using a third-party service? Any idea on which is best?
I use Flickr, but most use Photobucket. If you want to get really fancy you can pay $20 a year here and become a PRO Member and direct upload... I paid just to support the site, and still use Flickr! :21:

Luke.

Awesome! Sounds great... I'll look into it. Thanks again!

Thanks Rat Rod (great site, obviously! I'm certain you don't need me to tell you that.) and junknutz1975! I appreciate the warm welcome. I've already begun on the build in a basic sense, with a new KMC .5"x.125" chain wrapped around the sprocket and hub. Day off tomorrow, with ample time to test it out. Gotta start somewhere, I guess!

Hello Hoosier! I too am a new member who is visiting Indy for the first time on business. I see a lot of people riding bikes here. It looks a pretty cool bike culture exists here. I rented one of those yello bikes for a couple of hours here and had a blast! Very bike friendly.

Great to hear! I don't think anyone could quite deny we've got a wonderful city in Indianapolis! The bike culture is certainly notable, from the incredible bike shops to the Monon. Glad to hear your experience was enjoyable, and I hope you see to returning again soon!

Latest posts

Back