Hello from Queens, NYC!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm new to the custom/vintage bike scene! I'm not sure what exactly got me interested, but I love anything vintage or different, so old bike are just that! I'm a high school senior from Queens NYC, and the only thing I hate about this forum is that I have to listen to everybody talking about how they pick up these really neat bikes for $10-15, or even find them for free in the trash. There's none of that here, and people are asking upwards of $150 for rusted old bikes on craigslist that might not be even worth that with a custom paint job!

Any advice on where to get old bikes to fix up? I'm really interested in this hobby, and I'm currently working on a '64 Typhoon that I got off Craigslist for $80.

To finish that off, I guess a positive thing about living in the city is that I can sell the bikes for a lot more :p

welcome. you can some times get good deals on the for sale section of this forum, or there are also guys on here from your area or close. the people on this forum (most of us 8) :wink: ) are pretty cool and like to help others with their addiction :lol:

Back