Hello from Poland!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my name is Marcin and I am a huge fan of old bicycles. I don't know how many bikes, bike frames and parts I have, I've lost count for a long time. They are standing in the basement, in the garage, in my studio, waiting in line to be given a new life...
On a daily basis, I repair bicycles and scooters at my service center in the city of Puck on the Baltic Sea, or rather on the Bay of Puck, but that's a geographical detail ;)
In the fall and winter I renovate or modernize bicycles and I will definitely show you what I have already done.
That's it for good morning, I don't want to bore you to death ;)
I'm attaching photos of a bike from my collection, something in the style you know :) It's a Romet Karlik from 1970... of course I will renovate it ;)

See you 🖖
ROMET KARLIK 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Marcin,
witamy na forum!
I'd love to see pics of all your bikes! This Romet Karlik looks fantastic, is it a polish brand?
Greetings from Berlin
Romet is a distinguished Polish bicycle company... here's the link https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romet, use the translator and read. The bicycle company, like hundreds of others, was and is the only one for many generations of Poles. Besides, during communism there were no other bicycle brands in Poland, only this one, Romet...
I greet you too...

Hi, my name is Marcin and I am a huge fan of old bicycles. I don't know how many bikes, bike frames and parts I have, I've lost count for a long time. They are standing in the basement, in the garage, in my studio, waiting in line to be given a new life...
On a daily basis, I repair bicycles and scooters at my service center in the city of Puck on the Baltic Sea, or rather on the Bay of Puck, but that's a geographical detail ;)
In the fall and winter I renovate or modernize bicycles and I will definitely show you what I have already done.
I'm attaching photos of a bike from my collection, something in the style you know :) It's a Romet Karlik from 1970... of course I will renovate it ;)

See you 🖖View attachment 251169
Welcome so much you could with that all of them awesome

Cześć i witaj!
I toured Poland two times in 1994 (the south-east) and 1996 (the north-east) but never made it to the sea side.
Besides the already mentioned @GeePig (Lublin area), there is also @Starnger from Poland. As far as I remember he's from Poznan. Have fun here and show us all your goodies from the basement. We love to see pictures here from different and lesser known bike brands!
Greetings from Berlin!

Welcome, glad that you have found your way here :)

That is yet another Romet that I have never actually see, that humpback is the kind of thing you would notice on a farm bike here in Eastern Poland.

Is that a 3-piece crank and BB? I so rarely see anything that old.

Cześć i witaj!
I toured Poland two times in 1994 (the south-east) and 1996 (the north-east) but never made it to the sea side.
Besides the already mentioned @GeePig (Lublin area), there is also @Starnger from Poland. As far as I remember he's from Poznan. Have fun here and show us all your goodies from the basement. We love to see pictures here from different and lesser known bike brands!
Greetings from Berlin!
Great, good to know... I have some bikes from little-known brands, but mostly from my home company Romet... best regards 🖖

Welcome, glad that you have found your way here :)

That is yet another Romet that I have never actually see, that humpback is the kind of thing you would notice on a farm bike here in Eastern Poland.

Is that a 3-piece crank and BB? I so rarely see anything that old.
Hi. Exactly, the name Karlik appears on two bicycles in Romet, but my Karlik comes from before the establishment of the Romet company, i.e. ZZR - Zjednoczenie Zakłady Rowerowe (United Bicycle Works - information for our foreign friends from the forum :thumbsup:
Bicycle for youth, 17 inch frame, 24x1 3/8 wheels..
And yes, the crank is three-piece with screw-in bottom bracket cups

Attachments

• 20120808_RometKatalog_0242_Karlik.png
    20120808_RometKatalog_0242_Karlik.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Hi. Exactly, the name Karlik appears on two bicycles in Romet, but my Karlik comes from before the establishment of the Romet company, i.e. ZZR - Zjednoczenie Zakłady Rowerowe (United Bicycle Works - information for our foreign friends from the forum :thumbsup:
Bicycle for youth, 17 inch frame, 24x1 3/8 wheels..
And yes, the crank is three-piece with screw-in bottom bracket cups
Ah, I thought it was a ZZR era bike, I would not mind coming across one of those, but I rather suspect I am more likely to find a Ukraine down here near Zamość - well, I already have the rear wheel from one.

I seem to focus on the more modern Romets, I keep finding them from the 1990s and early 2000s marked as different brands that were either old bike shops, such as 'Danusia', or with some supermarket branding.

See you 🖖View attachment 251169
This blog is dangerous and addicting. Dangerous because you will get all kinds of ideas and you bike collection will get bigger, more divers and just plain weird. Welcome, show us your bikes, scooters and motorcycles. There are threads for all that here.

Back