Hello from NorCal East Bay

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Stefan and I started riding Schwinn cruisers back around 1981 when I started work as a
bike messenger in S.F. This was around the time that mountain bikes were an underground thing
in Marin County.Having been into Schwinn stingray BMx for sometime,I decided to put heavy duty
and alloy parts on my messenger Schwinn cruiser.It was a fun,fast bike(cantilver frame) but eventually
got fed up with the job and sold off the bike but kept the blue anodized Araya wheels purchased new
in 1982.
I recently felt like building up another bike just for a hobby and seeing the klunkerz website.
I have so far built up a post war schwinn BMX-style cruiser but sold that off in favor of pre-war bikes only,
so now own two pre-war bikes and two pre-war project bikes.
1.1930's Colson 21 speed mountain bike
2.1920's Hawthorne single speed mountain bike
3.1930's Wings goodyear project bike(looks identical to the Colson)
4.1930's Monark Rocket project bike
All are straight-bar frames.Will post pictures soon.
I'm currently looking to buy a 1930's Schwinn Excelsior,ACE or Pullman badged frame or bicycle,if anyone
has one for sale,please let me know,thanks and have fun biking.
P.S.Thanks goes out to Alex at Fabers bike shop in San Jose for all the work and help.

Welcome from nor-cal ,can hardly wait to see those pic,s ,sould be good by the looks of that line up ! 8)

Latest posts

Back