Hello from Nor Cal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Rat Rod Bikers. I'm in Granite Bay California, in Placer County. Not too far from Sacramento. Saw an Electra Rat Fink when they first came out, and then a Rat Rod a few years ago, and absolutely fell in love with the bikes. Unfortunately, being the fiscally conservative type with a wife, 3 kids, mortgage, etc, I couldn't justify another bike when I already had a Mtn Bike sitting in the garage. But over the years I kept seeing the Rat Rod and other cruiser bikes and just couldn't get them out of my mind. So this year I put the Rat Rod 3i on my Amazon wish list along with a few other expensive items I really never thought anyone was going to get for me. I mean, I'm 49 yo and frankly get tired of everyone asking me what I want for Christmas when the reality is that I'm actually quite content with what I have and the only things I want are the things I either can't afford right now or wouldn't buy for myself. After all, I have 3 kids and a wife who have needs and wants.

So needless to say I was quite stunned when my wife told me to go out to the garage and see my early Christmas present from my parents. I think I almost cried. I felt like a kid again seeing his shiny new bike for Christmas. I mean WOW...they actually bought me something I didn't need, but really, really,wanted and would never have bought for myself. Of course there's always a catch, which in this case is the "Do Not Ride Until Christmas" warning. And I haven't ridden it, but you can bet I will be hopping on this bad boy on the 24th. I included a pic of the bike in the garage sitting in front of my Matco Rat Fink tool box. I'm a car guy, and a fan of the Rat Fink since I was a kid. So needless to say this bike really fits my style.

DSCN1028.jpg

DSCN1026.jpg

Hi Gang,

Thank you for your welcoming comments. If you can believe it, I'm still holding fast and haven't ridden the bike yet. I feel like a kid because I keep counting down the days until Christmas. I actually seem to be more excited than my own kids...LOL! I'm not too far from the American River Bike trail in all of its' 30+ miles of river hugging beauty, so if any of you ever want to meet up for a leisurely cruise sometime just let me know. We had a small gathering at our home for Christmas recently, and I sat on it for awhile as we knocked back some drinks and played darts in the garage. I'm thinking maybe the bike needs a cupholder...you know for water and gatorade and such :wink:

...road soda's - nice!

Welcome.. Good to see more from Nor Cal especially Sac area. Your Electra is sweet! It's one of my favorites of their line. Nice garage too! Car guy and rat rod bikes go well together. If you happen know anyone looking for a 71 Chevelle Malibu in primo condition? I have one for sale!

rumpumpkin said:
Hi Gang,

Thank you for your welcoming comments. If you can believe it, I'm still holding fast and haven't ridden the bike yet. I feel like a kid because I keep counting down the days until Christmas. I actually seem to be more excited than my own kids...LOL! I'm not too far from the American River Bike trail in all of its' 30+ miles of river hugging beauty, so if any of you ever want to meet up for a leisurely cruise sometime just let me know. We had a small gathering at our home for Christmas recently, and I sat on it for awhile as we knocked back some drinks and played darts in the garage. I'm thinking maybe the bike needs a cupholder...you know for water and gatorade and such :wink:

Rum,

There's a ride in Galt posted in events that I'm going to try and make. You could stretch out the new bike there.

Back