Hello from NoHio!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey gang,
I've been lurking around just a couple days, and I'm pretty impressed with your bikes and general knowledge of all things leg-powered.. We call it Nohio because everything seems to be outlawed around here.
I had a trek 15 speed for a while, lost interest and sold it. Being into motorcycles the bike always got left in the garage.
I sold it last year, and then the m/c this spring. I discovered this cheap, cool looking bike at Wallyworld today and bought it. (genesis onyx 29)
I ASKED for one in the box so they gave me one assembled by some poor doofus :crazy: in the backroom, so I'm going to take off the wheels, fenders and whatever else needs attention to make it as good as I can before loading it with my 260 pound butt and grinding the over-tightened bearings to junk :grin: A quick once-over left me shaking my head...

Later tonight I'll get started on my 'new' bike, but for now just wanted to say, wuttup and introduce myself.
I'm a 59 year old kid, an electronic/electrical tech by trade and darn glad to be here.

Thanks, guys.
Nice to be welcomed in so quick :dance2:

I've been working on that onyx, I found the hub is really tight/dragging with a clunky feeling. Maybe the factory over tightens them for some reason?
I think I'll take the wheel to a bicycle shop near here and see if they think it needs a look.

Good. We need more ohio guys in here. Hopefully we can get a meet/ride/swap thing going sometime. The Midwest is hopping with activity, but its all up in the Detroit, Indianapolis, or Chicago areas. Ohio doesn't seem to have too big of a classic bike scene..

Back