hello from memphis!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello!

I just remembered about this site after searching for some inspiration for my new bike, a re-pop 2007 Schwinn Stingray. I had seen this site a while back, but I lost interest after never being able to find a classic bike to build on.

I've been tinkering with bikes for the last 4 years, usually just fixing my friend Wal-mart bikes after the parts explode. I normally ride my custom built $530 freestyle bike, but realized after several crashes, that BMX is better saved for the skatepark, and that I needed to build a cruiser. Sooooo... I traded a fixed up "X-games" motoX bike for a 2007 stingray one of my friends had laying in his backyard after the stem cracked.

I fixed it all up, used some parts from a 1967 "Foremost" bike I had in my garage, and I finally had myself an acceptable cruiser!
HERE'S SOME PICS!!!!!!!!
5459997783_b9e985725b.jpg

5460602608_8d1080a509.jpg

so far, I've added, a new front wheel and tire, new hand-painted sprocket of off a '60 "Free Spirit" and new grips.

and sorry about the bad quality pics,

you can't really tell, but the star on the sprocket is dark red, and so are the grips

Also, I noticed today that my neighbor has a really old bike sitting crammed between two boxes in his garage, definitely asking him if he would think of selling it. :)

Back