Hello from Hanson mechanical:)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I normally restore antique cars, but ventured into motorcycles a couple years back, and have had vintage bicycles for a while. I found this forum while searching for info. on Western Flyers. I am rebuilding a 1940's (I think) Western Flyer that I pulled out of a one-room schoolhouse a friend owns. (we also found most of the n.o.s. contents of a 1930's autoshop in there. American pickers eat your hearts out :D )

The bike is going to be refurbished but not restored, under all the rust I have been able to bring back the original dove grey paint of the frame. I am working on several customer projects right now, and my dad's first car, so this bike is a nice little sanity sideline for myself. Should be done in about a month.

The bike will be motorized with a modern friction engine, everything else is vintage original.

I also have my Dad's Christmas present from 1956, a Hercules 3 -Speed with lots of chrome. My grandmother's 1940's Dunelt 3 speed, all original down to the pedals seat and tires. And finally I have a WW2 BSA folding airborne bicycle (it fits in with my WW2 vehicles)

see the vehicles at http://www.hansonmechanical.com

have fun!
-Merlin

that old merlin is pretty cool

i always get a kick out of those old hugo,s ( they are like the mazda miata,s of yesteryear )
i would drive an rx7 , but i wouldn,t be caught dead in a miata .

anyways cool stuff , and oh yeah ( howdy )

Back