Hello from Germany

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

my name is Arndt. I'm 34 years old and life with my wife near Dresden. I'v been riding bikes since I was three or four.
So it is hardly surprising that I had like 17 bikes in my garage till now. Thereof five are left. A Firebike FBR, a Jakz Capone, a Firebike Fluid (the aluminium prototype...) and two MTBs.

img_20150212_133726.jpg

img_20150503_155235.jpg

11051997_1633712506846728_6142.jpg

Best regards Arndt

Nice bikes Arndt! Welcome to RRB! Hey, you don't have any Lepper Primus saddles do you? I hear that they are pretty common in Germany........hard to find around here.

Hey you guys. Thank you very much.

@Alistair: The second is the aluminium Fluid ;-) My favourite, too.

@Big Ape: I had Lepper Primus saddles on previous bikes. They are really comfortable and I haven't found another saddle that comes close. But not only are they quite heavy but also they are quite high, which most of the time doesn't match with my intended style. My biggest problem after all is that I'm probably too heavy for those seats as on both I owned the front spring cracked after a while :-(

@1oldbikelover: If you mean by 'Custom Build' that I have build the frames, than no. First and second are frames made by Sam McKay (Firebikes), the third one is a frame made by Jay MacPherson (JAKZ)
The third is still in the same condition as i bought it. As far as I know it is one out of five built by allRideStyle for Sony as Singstar Promo bike. One of the former owners decided to coat it black...
As this was the last bike bought I guess it will take some time until I start to fit it to my needs ;-)
Both Firebikes have been built around the frames by me. One might call this custom build. I guess...

@c1run1: Those wheels are Sachs Aluminium wheels. I always loved the CNC machined billet wheels back in the days but just couldn't afford them. So when i got the chance to get the Sachs wheels for roughly 50€ I couldn't resist.

Hey you guys. Thank you very much.

@Alistair: The second is the aluminium Fluid ;-) My favourite, too.

@Big Ape: I had Lepper Primus saddles on previous bikes. They are really comfortable and I haven't found another saddle that comes close. But not only are they quite heavy but also they are quite high, which most of the time doesn't match with my intended style. My biggest problem after all is that I'm probably too heavy for those seats as on both I owned the front spring cracked after a while :-(

@1oldbikelover: If you mean by 'Custom Build' that I have build the frames, than no. First and second are frames made by Sam McKay (Firebikes), the third one is a frame made by Jay MacPherson (JAKZ)
The third is still in the same condition as i bought it. As far as I know it is one out of five built by allRideStyle for Sony as Singstar Promo bike. One of the former owners decided to coat it black...
As this was the last bike bought I guess it will take some time until I start to fit it to my needs ;-)
Both Firebikes have been built around the frames by me. One might call this custom build. I guess...

@c1run1: Those wheels are Sachs Aluminium wheels. I always loved the CNC machined billet wheels back in the days but just couldn't afford them. So when i got the chance to get the Sachs wheels for roughly 50€ I couldn't resist.
Al in all, Arndt......you have some sweet rides. Ride on, buddy!

Willkommen! I'm learning German now, and planning a trip there later this year. Nice bikes.
I have cycled toured Germany and loved it. Best way to see a country is on a Bicycle. My German is really rusty like one of my bikes but as soon as I hear and start having to speak it, it gets way better. The best way to learn a language is by doing it every day.

Back