Hello from Florida!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been perusing this site for months now and have finally joined. I'm just a girl who has a love for bicycles- especially vintage ones. Currently I'm working on a 1964 Huffy Galaxie. Though the bike was original and complete, I decided to take it all apart and rebuild it into something fresh and new. I've kept some of the old parts (tank, rear rack,chainguard and frame) but replaced the rims, tires, handlebars, seatpost, cranks, pedals and seat.
I love this site and some of the builds are truly works of art. I'll post some before and after pics soon.

Welcome.
Our weather is perfect for riding this time of year, and old classics are the way to go. It's good this state is flat, because old heavyweights can get tiresome. Hopefully you live in an area of Florida with decent trails.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I hope to enter one of the build-offs if I can ever solve my fender problem on my Huffy!

I have a highly innovative technical solution that I generally use on problem fenders.
Step 1. Remove fenders from bike.
Step 2. Place fenders in far back corner of tool closet.
:lol: Welcome. :wink:

I redid a 68 Huffy Camaro for my daughter. I added apes and fat tires, then later put it back to original to see how it looked all cleaned up. She liked it more with everything on it, and that's her ride now. So don't throw away your original parts.

What part of Florida are you located?

$25 on CL
jshmk9.jpg

Modded
2djrq6v.jpg

deorman...trust me they were on the garage floor for for awhile but I think I've come up with a solution. My problem is that I'm trying to make my middleweight bike into a balloon tire bike. The tires fit fine but the fenders have been a bit tight. I'm going to cut them into shortys. Not too drastically, about the same length that Felt used on their 1903 model. It should work fine (fingers crossed lol)

Wildcat I live just north of Tampa. Love your huffy! I'm going to keep the overall look and feel of my tank bike pretty much as it was, just going with nice new colors and a bit of customizing here and there. I have made sure to save all the old parts though :)

And MarkM, I used this to help me identify the year of my galaxie. I'm not sure it 100% accurate but it seems reasonable and I just decided to trust it. My bike looks like a lot of early to mid 60s bikes.
http://oldroads.com/hf_sn.asp

Back