Hello from Florida

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! Stumbled onto this site whille searching for parts. This definately the place for me. I am in awe of the work you all have created and hope I can contribute in some way. I'm kind of a tinkerer and recently decided to build the bike I could find anywhere. Mainly something other than my MTB or road bike to leisurely stroll around on with my dog. Just finished this one:
DSC03415.jpg

So now it's on to the next. I need (new guy already wants something :roll: ) a line on a set of red line/stripe tires, 26" X 2.125. I did see the Bontrager Hanks, but wanted to see what else is available. Thanks in advance and keep up the good work. It's inspirational.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

The holder is for my dog's water bottle :wink:

Thanks double R. I wish Isaw this yesterday. I went with a set of Bontrager Hanks. But I'll file that link for future reference.

Cool Wildcat. Been cruisin the beach yet. I hoping for better weather to debut the cruiser, but it ain't happenin' this weekend.

I've been along the beach a few times, but not on it. I'm afraid of sand getting in my 2 speed hub. I need to put together another cruiser just for the sand.
nx54dl.jpg

I hear ya. Just got one for the sand myself. Boiling hot outside, almost too hot to enjoy the ride. Will post my latest addition later. Not a bulid up, but definately a blank canvas. I like your ride. Very clean.

Hello 2wheel.

I ride after the high humidity of early morning (near 100%) and before the heat of late morning. That gives me an hour or so window of pretty good riding before the heat index gets in the 90's. This last week that hasn't been possible, the heat was too much all day long. But now we're back to the regular heat, so I ride from about 9am to 10 or 1030am. Usually on my favorite bike:

2mrae6f.jpg

Back